If any of the following three phenomena occurs, it means that the fan module is abnormal:
- The fan module indicator light is solid red or flashing red;
- Execute the "display fan" command to check the fan information. "Status" displays "fail".
- Execute the "display syslog" command to view the system log. The output contains alarm logs similar to the following:
%DEV_MONITOR-4-FAN_FR: Fan unknown in slot 1 is different from the system -F mode.
%DP-3-FAN_FAILED: Fan 3/1 is failed.
- The fan module is not installed securely;
- The fan blades are stuck by foreign objects or there is a lot of dust on the fan blades, causing the operation to be blocked;
- Fan module hardware failure.
- Check whether the fan module on the device is firmly inserted.
The fan module supports hot swapping. Please try to unplug the fan module again, and then confirm whether the fan module returns to normal.
- Check whether the fan blades are stuck by foreign objects or have a lot of dust
Pull out the fan module and inspect the fan blades:
- If the fan blade is stuck by a foreign object, please carefully remove the foreign object and then confirm whether the fan module is back to normal;
- If there is too much dust on the fan blades, please use a brush to remove the dust, and then confirm whether the fan module is back to normal.
- Confirm whether the fan is faulty
Replace the fan module inserted into the fan slot with a working fan module of the same model. If the fault disappears, it means that the fan module itself is faulty. Please replace the fan module with a new one.
- If the fault is not eliminated after performing the above steps, please collect information and contact technical support personnel for assistance.
Collect fan information through the "display fan" command;
Collect system log information through the "display syslog" command.